Thursday, June 2, 2011

Funny Things Kids Say

I have to record a couple of funny things the kids have said over the past few weeks. The first one was when we went to Luke's 18 month checkup. All of us went and we were looking at some books until Dr. Staker came in the room. As soon as he walked in someone switched on everyone's chatter boxes. Grant, McKinley, and Jackie were all trying to talk at once. Dr. Staker was smiling and politely looking at each child trying to give each of them attention, while I tried with no avail to get them to take turns talking. Anyway, everyone stopped talking at almost the same time right when McKinley said, "Dr. Staker? I have a question. Are the pink freckles strawberry and the brown ones chocolate?" Dr. Staker chuckled and said, "I don't know have you tasted them?" To which McKinley giggled and said, "I can't reach them with my tongue." (FYI - McKinley has a "strawberry" freckle to the right of her nose.)



Every Memorial Day we go to the Neola Cemetery and watch the flag ceremony and the 21 gun salute that the American Legion does, then we go back to Bart's parents house and have lunch. In between the Neola Cemetery and lunch we usually run to Lapoint and put some flowers on my grandpa's grave. This time we only took Luke (who fell asleep before we left Neola) and Jackie. To enter the Lapoint Cemetery you have to cross a cattle guard - it is a little old and quite noisy. When we went in Jackie asked, "What was that Mom?". I told her, "That was the cattle guard.". I got out put the flowers on the grave and we left - again crossing the cattle guard. When we went over the cattle guard for the second time, Jackie asked, "Mom, WHAT was that?" I told her, "It was the cattle guard". To which she replied, "Why is it shooting at us?" Too funny!!!!




The other day McKinley got to stay up late with Mom and dad.  She was sitting on Mom's lap and said, "Mom, I have lots of skin."  She then paused before going on to say, "because people tell me I'm skinny."




This morning when we dropped McKinley off at Pre-school, Grant said, "Mom there are two kids" (meaning him and Jackie).  So I told him, "yes there are two now because McKinley is at school, but there will be three when she gets home - McKinley is a fun girl huh."  Then Grant said, "Hmmmmmm McKinley is fun at my Grandpa's house."  Pretty funny, but I do know that he things that she is fun at our house too.  In fact I overheard them while they were playing the other day and they were saying that they were best friends.  Fun for them to be so close.  




The other morning I was feeding Luke and Jackie was sitting by me when my stomach rumbled quite loudly.  Jackie said, "What was that?", and I said, "I don't know - what was it?".  Her eyes got real big and she gasped and said, "A LION".  :)

1 comment:

  1. So, so cute! I've never thought about it, but I wonder if that funny red mark I'm always trying to cover is a strawberry freckle. Funny thing is, I have a blueberry one too!

    ReplyDelete