So it has been MONTHS since I posted last and I am a little behind. I just noticed that I didn't even post anything about being pregnant. Well, I am NOT pregnant anymore.
Meet Daniel "Quinn" Rasmussen. He was born on November 28th at 7:44 AM, he weighed 8lbs and was 20 1/2 inches long.
| Quinn was quite alert while we were in the hospital. He just wanted to look around and see what we were all about. |
| Luke was a little possessive and wouldn't let the girls or Grant kiss Quinn. |
| And what would a hospital stay be without someone crawling behind the bed trying to destroy it? Luckily nothing was broken this time. ;) |
I have heard many people say that after you have 3 kids you may as well have 12 and that 3 is hard. I have also heard 4 is hard, but for me - 5 is hard. Okay, so maybe it isn't so hard, we just have a few different things going on in our life that is making it a little harder than the rest. #1 We have never homeschooled with a newborn (I am finally getting a handle on it though - I think), and #2 About a month before Quinn was born, I was called as the Young Women's President. This may be the big stresser because Sundays seem to be worse for me than anything. Church was at 11:00 - so getting to my meetings, getting everyone ready for church and getting Quinn fed in between was a tight squeeze for the morning. However we now have church at 1:00 so it is A LOT better.
Having a little newborn in your home really changes things. It always makes me want to sit and snuggle and not go anywhere. However, with 4 other kiddos running around, snuggling is a little harder than it has been with the others. Plus, there are more hands that want to hold Quinn too, so I have to share????!!!
When we went in for Quinn's 2 week appointment he only weighed 7 lbs, 8 oz. This was unusual for us because we like to leave the hospital a full pound heavier. We had to go in two weeks later for a weight check and he weighed a whopping 7 lbs, 10 oz. Two ounces in two weeks are you kidding me??? We we now have to add formula to breast milk to give him extra calories - twice a day. Another two weeks and we were back at the doctors office for a weight check. This time he weighed 8 lbs, 11 oz. YIPPEE!!! We are still at it with the formula supplement thing and he is at least getting bigger. He is no longer in the newborn jammies. (What a fatty!) We have his two month appointment in another week or so, so we will have to see how chubby we can get him.
I am going to try to post more often this year, but I can't make any promises. Until then . . . . . .




We need to get together! Think of a way we could do it so it helps instead of hinders...maybe we could take turns folding laundry at your house & then mine?
ReplyDeleteLet's be sisters!