It feels like I haven't updated this thing since Valentines Day!!! I have about 5 other posts started, but I run out of time before I finish them . . . . blah, blah, blah. So now that I am so behind, I will just try to keep up with what we are doing now and then go back and play catch up one post at a time.
Bart has been working like a mad dog trying to get this job done so that we can go on our trip next month and there have been days that the kids only get to see him for about 15 - 30 minutes(maybe). Anyway, it has started to show in everyone's demeanor. WE MISS HIM!!!!
Anyway, last Saturday Bart was going to go to work and we were going to go up the canyon and have a picnic with him just to spend time with him. Then as we were going to bed Friday night he said he wasn't going to go to work and that he wanted to stay home with us(and sleep in of course). So we got up, ate breakfast, then went to work. We weeded and cultivated the garden, picked raspberries, gave Aspen a bath and just hung out with each other working all day long. It was great!!!! Even though we were working all day, it was nice to do it with Dad home!! :)
While we were picking raspberries, I was in this "life is wonderful" mindset as I was sweating like a pig in the heat, and I had to run in and grab my camera. Here are some pictures of our yummy raspberies - - - and our cute raspberry pickers. :)
I went out yesterday with the kids again and picked even more than we got on Saturday, Grant was a BIG helper and stuck with me the whole time. Jackie just filled her bowl and went and sat on the sidewalk and polished them off. McKinley just wanted to ride her bike and run around. So THANK YOU Grant for your help!!!
"MMMMMMMM"
Jackie is the "raspberry thief" because she sneaks out the garage door to go eat all she can pick before she gets caught.




Thank you for reminding me to go pick my Mom's raspberries while she's in Baltimore. What a fun day. We know that story all too well and we too love when Daddy is home(even if we still work)!
ReplyDeleteMMM, raspberries are the BEST and the shakes, to die for. So I'm waiting for a post about your trip!
ReplyDelete