Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day



So this year I WAY procrastinated what to get Bart for Fathers Day. Plus I had to order it online so he won’t actually get his present for another 7 – 14 business days. (Sorry Bart!!)

I feel really bad because Bart usually puts a lot of thought in the presents he gives and he always plans ahead and never just runs out at the last minute to get a machete or something weird like that.

Wait a minute – who we talkin about????

Okay – on a more serious side, I am very thankful that I have Bart in my life. He is such a wonderful example to me and our kids. He is always giving and serving others. He works extremely hard every day to provide for us and is always there to support us in anything that he can. He helps me strive to be a better person by helping me to keep a positive attitude. I am so thankful that he is such a wonderful Dad to our kids – even though he works his guts out, he is still able to come home and meet the chaos in our house with a smile, eat dinner and then go back outside to jump on the trampoline with the kiddos.

As we were driving home last night I remembered that I wanted to steal this idea from my sister last year and “interview” each of our kids.

So here you go – We love you Dad – Happy Fathers Day!

1. What is your dad’s name?
Grant – Bart
McKinley – Bart
Jackie – Bart

2. How old is your dad?
Grant – 40
McKinley – 4
Jackie – 1

3. How tall is your dad?
Grant – 50 miles
McKinley – 4 miles
Jackie – 2

4. What is your dad’s favorite thing to do?
Grant – play egg crack (crack the egg)
McKinley – work and come home
Jackie – go a work

5. What is your favorite thing to do with dad?
Grant – play dragons
McKinley – Jump on the trampoline and ride my bike and do a bike ride
Jackie – umm go to work

6. What does dad do for his job?
Grant – work – umm build stuff
McKinley – work – umm building work
Jackie – go to work

7. Where is dad’s favorite place to go?
Grant – home
McKinley – to SLC where Jackson and Carson lives and where Jeana and Wayne live and baby Kaelyn too. And his favorite place of all is to come home.
Jackie – to Grandpa Wally’s house.

8. How do you know dad loves you?
Grant – because he loves me jumping on the trampoline
McKinley – because he never sawed me before and he named me McKinley and I want to be Sophie instead – it’s a beautiful name.
Jackie – because he jump on the trampoline this year and he swing on the swing-set and play in the sandbox and make a sand castle

9. How do you show dad you love him?
Grant – Giving him a hug
McKinley – by hugging him and giving him a kiss and a love – I mean a zerbert
Jackie – bcuz ---- go to work

10. What is dad really good at?
Grant – reading scriptures
McKinley – doing jumping jacks and asking a question
Jackie – pushing the button

11. What is dad not very good at?
Grant – fixing cars
McKinley – not very good at climbing the house without a ladder
Jackie – Grandpa Wally’s house

12. How do you know dad loves mom?
Grant – cuz he gives her a kiss
McKinley – because Dad never sawed me and you were dad’s friend
Jackie – because he love mom

13. What is dad’s favorite food?
Grant – spinach
McKinley – spinach and carrots and salt and pepper
Jackie – ice cream – and I’m getting ice cream too but the strawberry is all gone

14. What makes dad sad?
Grant – his dog getting lost
McKinley - by doing the stuff that a bad guy tells him to do and being mean
Jackie – sad for you – because he climb up the shelf and he get down the floor

15. What makes dad happy?
Grant – playing dress up with a spy
McKinley – by telling him a secret that we are keeping
Jackie – with a smile on his face

16. What do you want to tell dad?
Grant – I want to tell him to work with the cows with Grandpa Paul and me too
McKinley – Happy Fathers Day
Jackie – get my flip flops on and go to church

2 comments:

  1. That was cute, I didnt know he liked Spinach so much. I'll remember that for his birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that was cute I never thought about doing that. Grant had funny but predictable answers, Mckinnley was creative, but Jackie....... that girl was hilarious!!!! life is simple, go to work, love mom, go to church in your flip flops and eat ice cream. Oh and don't foprget grandpa Wally's (kinda hard to tell if she thinks Bart likes it there or not:))

    ReplyDelete