Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!!



For Valentines Day last year I got all the kids a helium balloon on the spur of the moment trip to the store the night before and last November McKinley still remembered her balloon (with kisses on it) so I decided to make it a tradition to get them a balloon every year. However this time I got the balloons in the afternoon and left them in the car so the kids wouldn't find them until morning. Well it was a little cold in the car. Bart brought them in the house around 10:30 or so and they were fine, but by the morning they were laying on the ground. :( So I guess they get deflated helium balloons this year. I also made them candy leis which were a pretty big hit - Grant wouldn't eat his until that night, Jackie had hers half gone by the time I got the camera out to take a picture and McKinley of course was more interested in the balloon. :)

Bart got me these beautiful flowers. I took the picture a couple days after so they weren't sagging like this when he gave them to me. I would show you what I got Bart, but we ate it too fast. (When I say we I mean me - sorry Bart!) I guess we are meant to be together - Bart can usually eat a WHOLE bag of chips in one sitting. Me - it is chocolate. Oops!!

1 comment:

  1. you'll have to show me how to make candy leis! cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete