Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Resolutions

I have been thinking about the things I need to change this year. I have a lot that I should do – to name a few . . . . . I should loose weight, not yell as much, clean better, not procrastinate, get more sleep, improve spiritually, focus on others more, build others up, be creative with school, do my visiting teaching . . . . . I could go on and on. With the new year, there are a lot of resolutions that are made. I don't know if I have ever made a new years resolution. For me that is just setting myself up for failure. You see, I don't have very good follow through. However, this year I kind of want to do something to change myself. I know I have a million areas that I could work on, but there have been a few things weighing on my mind these days. I want to do two things this year, and they kind of go together. I want to work on Family History (I want to write in my journal more – I also want to keep a scripture journal but that is something for another day – soon though), and I want to research a family name to take to the temple.

I read a talk from Richard G. Scott last week about turning the hearts of the children to the hearts of their fathers. In this talk he mentioned a young man who liked to play video games and then started working on genealogy. He said that at first he was disappointed that genealogy was taking up his game playing time, then later he said that he just didn't have time to play games. So with this goal, I want to evaluate the quality of my free time. I need to schedule my free time and include time to work on researching a name.

Like I said before, I don't have very good follow through, but I want to do something and I feel that at least writing this down here will hold me accountable. I am going to try to write in my journal at LEAST once a month and I want to find a name to take to the temple by April. Wish me luck! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment