So I am a little behind on blogging but I am going to make more of an effort. I am about a month and a half behind on things and can't seem to get caught up. I still haven't done a post about our vacation in August. Hopefully one day. There are just a lot of pictures and we did so much that it overwhelms me just to think about how to do a post about it. I will soon though (hopefully).
Anyway, I figured I should at least stay up to date as much as possible, so I will do our 2011 snapshot.
I have to start by saying that one of my favorite quotes from President Hinckley is, "Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured." So here are some things that I enjoy (and some that I don't).
Jackie stands on a step stool to eat. She doesn't want a bar stool or a chair. (That is good because we are in the market for some new chairs anyway.)
Luke would stay outside wandering in the backyard or a week if I would let him. (Aspen kisses / attacks and all)
Grant loves to read the scripture stories (I love that he loves them).
Jackie is always singing songs. (Not always the right words, but does that really matter?) Follow the Prophet and Gunny Bag are her favorites.
McKinley's hair is finally long enough to do pigtails since she cut her hair 2 days before Christmas.
I would rather read a book than watch a movie most days. I just need to stay awake longer or maybe I need to read at lunch rather than when the kids are in bed.
Grant loves that he is able to read more. (I love that I taught him how and I love to see hem get the words right and be able to read new words on his own.
I still haven't finished mending Barts work pants that have been waiting for a good 7-8 months for me to get to them.
McKinley likes to "surprise" mom and dad by setting the table for breakfast every morning. We have to pretent to not notice until we sit down, then be way surprised when we see what she has done.
The last 2 weeks I have not seen Jackie in anything other than McKinley's BYU cheerleader dress (aka. Jackie's Cougar dress - she also has to wear it with a pink t-shirt with horses on it. We wash it when she is sleeping or in the tub.) If we go anywhere I force her to wear pants under it.
Most days when she is not wearing the cougar dress, Jackie can be found wearing a skirt - SHE HATES PANTS. She will occasionally wear shorts "short pants".
Luke feeds Aspen everyday - twice a day. He cries if you do it without him - which rarely happend because he comes running when he hears us pouring her food into the cup to take it outside.
Bart has been doing a lot of reading as well, but is about to do nothing but watch basketball for the next few weeks (NCAA tournament).
McKinley loves ballet and is doing well in it.
I STILL yell too much, but I am working on it.
Bart is still in Young Mens.
I am the secretary in Primary. (I still don't know how I lasted 71/2 years in this ward without having a primary calling.
Grant asks about 5, 382 questions a week.
I have cried when I couldn't answer a few of his questions. (Satan's B-Day - It was a really long week and about 33, 682 questions OKAY!!!)
McKinley loves let Luke wrestle her to the ground - which Luke also loves.
Jackie quotes movies like they are going out of style.
Grant, McKinley and Jackie play really well with each other most of the time.
The kids love to play board games and card games. We even play imaginary go fish quite frequently. :)
The kids like to play "Evil Dr. Luke" or "Luke Monster". (They all run screaming while Luke chases them everywhere growling and "tickling" the air.)
When we say our prayers soeone usually prays for another to sit still or stop eating the food during the prayer. Apparently we need to work on closing your eyes during the prayer.
Luke still waves with his hand way above his head - it looks like he is really happy that you are coming - - - or going for that matter.
Well, I better stop for now.
P.S. Sorry for the lack of pictures, I have about 3 memory cards that need to be downloaded to my computer.
1 year ago




Oh, I can relate to all of this all too well, & I love it. I have an idea! Once a month, let's get together for a couple of hours and call it our Deprocrastination Date. At the first one, you can mend your husband's pants & I can finish the calligraphy I promised to do for my boss twelve years ago.
ReplyDeleteWow I was stunned to see you posted something! And I'm pretty sure Satan doesn't have a birthday...but thats just my answer. You can pass that along to Grant if you need to.
ReplyDeleteI love that post. Makes me feel like I'm there watching them do their crazy things. Miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteCute,cute,and more cute!! It is fun to read the little details :). You are an excellent mom!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun update! I love it!
ReplyDelete