Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Tootsie Rolls" All Around

Jackie has been trying to potty train since before Luke was born, but I was not ready for her to do it so I did my best to NOT encourage it. This week I decided that I was ready to devote the time to full-on potty train her.

In the last 3 days we have pottied on the carpet about 3 times and the tile about 5 times. I decided to do what we did when McKinley was potty training. When she potties in the toilet, she gets a tootsie roll - works like a charm. There is only one thing - when she gets a tootsie roll EVERYONE has to get a tootsie roll. This makes it a whole family affair, because McKinley and Grant cheer her along so they can get tootsie rolls too. Needless to say, we get tootsie rolls every 17 - 30 minutes (depending on how thirsty Jackie is).

Everytime Jackie goes to the bathroom, she has to strip down to nothing. So we have had to re-dress her every 17 - 30 minutes also. Which usually there is a little coaxing involved to get her dressed again, so we have spent approximately 10 hours (give or take) this week just getting Jackie re-dressed. This does not include the time that she just runs around in her panties because I am too tired to fight her about getting dressed AGAIN. She must think it is a game or something and loves to just shock us by streaking across the room - she also must like to hear us say, "Jackie where are your clothes?"

Good job Jackie!! It will be AWESOME to get back to only one child in diapers (except for naptime and bedtime)!!! Church is tomorrow - hopefully we don't have accidents there!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't even tell you how I loathe potty training. I'm always happy when it's over...but oh...what a process! Julia was a stripper too, so I can relate!

    ReplyDelete