My sister and I have joked about making a "New Baby" smell and marketing it to moms that have older kids, they can spray it on their older kids and then they would smell like a "New Baby". Kind of like how there is a "New Car" air freshner. Anyway, Bart's cousin Kristin told me a few years ago that she saw something called "Baby Cologne". And yep you guessed it - it is made by Johnson & Johnson. I have yet to see or smell it, but I will some day!!!!!
So I better explain why I have been thinking of this today. My day actually started at 5:30 this morning when Luke didn't just go to sleep after I fed him and I laid in bed just holding him, not wanting him to get bigger. So after I sat there for 1/2 hour, Grant got up and so I decided to get up and make breakfast early. The house was freezing (62 degrees) because the kids turned the furnace off when they got some chairs out of the furnace room last night. So I had to wake up Bart to turn it back on too. While Bart turned on the furnace, I made breakfast and listened to Sheri Dew. Then at breakfast we read our scriptures (a whole chapter - we keep sleeping in late and either don't read or only do 1/2 a page or something). It was really nice and a great way to start our morning. So I guess the saying "Early to bed, early to rise, . . . . " worked real good for me today. I even put dinner in the crock pot at 11:00 this morning so VIOLA, dinner is done. What is up with me today?
After breakfast Luke was tired and hungry but needed a new diaper so I changed him and went to throw his diaper in the garbage. About 1/2 way to the garbage he nestled right into the side of my neck and cheek and fell asleep (about 25 - 30 seconds after I picked him up). I thought it was so cute and I just couldn't put him down. Just to feel the weight of his body on my shoulder was so nice and comforting. I had to kiss his cheek a few times and just listen to his steady breathing and feel the rise and fall of his chest against my shoulder. It was amazing and I wanted to stay like that all day. I think that having a baby or any of my kids sleeping on my shoulder is so soothing. Kind of like when you are upset about something and someone simply puts their hand on your shoulder to comfort you - that is what it was like. After lunch I gave Luke a bath and just walked around smelling him.
Sorry to be so chipper it is just that I have had a real good day today. This whole "early to rise" thing is really getting to me I guess. I even worked out while Luke was taking his morning nap - I must be sick. Actually, my skinny pants are just getting a little snug again. :( Anyway, I guess I am just trying to say, that I love being a mom today, and I am reeeeally going to miss having a new baby here in a couple of months. Luke started rolling over Monday (thanks to Kaelyn's example). Before I know it, he will be walking and talking and having his second birthday. And I will wonder how it went by so fast and why I didn't cherish the babiness more.
| No reason to put this on here - just a fun picture that I wanted to share. |




I know how you feel, wendy. I loved my little monsters when they were very little. Cute pix.
ReplyDelete