Luke David Rasmussen was born on September 21st at 6:04 AM. He is (or was) our biggest baby yet and weighed 9 pounds and 1 ounce and was 21 inches long. I say was our biggest baby because he is the first one that was not past his birth weight when we left the hospital. At our two week check up he weighed only 8 lbs. and 13 oz, and he is just a skinny little guy now. I would like to say he gets that from me, but I guess we know he gets it from Bart. Maybe I need to eat more chocolate to fatten him up. (Yummmmmmm!!!!!!!)
Grant is so happy to have a little brother, McKinley thinks he is funny most days, and Jackie, weeeell - mostly we just hear, "he's cute" from her as she is rubbing his head and kissing him. Jackie couldn't say Luke to begin with so he was "baby Yuke" however, she can now pronounce the "L", so we don't hear "baby Yuke" anymore. :( Jackie has actually done a lot better with Luke than we thought she would have. In fact it has only been the last two or three days that she has tried to squish him.
It has been fun to have a new baby in our home. It is nice to slow down and just watch the kids play with one another and also to see how they react to Luke. I was just talking to LaJean this afternoon and we decided that breast feeding makes you sit and relax while you are feeding the baby. I started to think about this and I would have missed a lot of things if I wasn't just sitting there. For example, the other day Jackie and I discovered she has a "magic cookie purse". She was playing with a little coin purse and would reach in a pull out a cookie, banana, apple, grape, some gum, a piece of cake, etc, and she would share it with me. We probably played this game for 25 minutes. Sometimes she would reach in her "magic cookie purse" and tell me that it was all gone, but then it would magically refill itself a couple seconds later and we would share more imaginary treats. I love to see the imagination of each of my kids and I love being able to pretend with them.
| "That's cold - don't touch me!!!" |
| Our new little brother - Luke. |
| McKinley - checking out Luke's wrinkly toes. |




You finally posted the pix! All the kiddos are adorable. Congratulations, Luke#1 is a keeper :)
ReplyDelete