Saturday, September 19, 2009

Got Milk?

This past Tuesday, McKinley's preschool class went on a fieldtrip to a dairy farm. It had rained - okay poured the night before and so it was a little cool and humid. Plus, there was a lot of mud. I normally hate driving past a dairy because I can smell it and I didn't think about it until we got there and then I remembered my dislike for the smell. The rain from the night before made it even more unbearable, but we survived. Actually it was a lot of fun. We got to see the milking barn (STINKY).

Rebecca, Jaxon, McKinley & Grant

Chloe thought the barn stunk worse than I did and wouldn't even come in at first.

The kids got to look in the huge tanks and see where they put the milk after it came from the cows and before it got hauled away in a milk truck.


We got to see a bottle that some of the calves eat from.

Then we got to go see all the calves - the kids loved to run around and see them. We loved that we were in a barn and not in the mud (YUCK).

It's kind of hard to see everyone, but just for an FYI - Grant, Chloe, Brighton, Jackie, Megan, Jaxon, Quentin (The little boy from the dairy), & McKinley

McKinley's Class + 1
Jaxon, Quentin, Megan, McKinley & Chloe

How Cute!!!


After playing around with the calves, we went to see some of the bigger cows. We got to see what they eat. (Hay with corn and other stuff - I wasn't listening as well as the kids were.)

After we were done, we went back and had a snack of . . . . . . . milk and crackers (YUM).

Got Milk?

No comments:

Post a Comment