Tonight I had to carry Luke, Quinn and Hannah to bed because they had all fallen asleep on the couches. I picked Luke up and the dead weight of his body about did me in - I think that is the last time I carry him to bed. (When did he get to be so BIG?).
Then I carried Quinn, who wrapped his arms and legs around me as soon as I picked him up like he was a little monkey. When I laid him next to Luke he reached out and put his arm around Luke (aaawww - brotherly love).
Then I toted Hannah, feeling the weight of her tiny little body and realizing how big she is getting too makes me a little sad. I walked a little slower with each of them to make the moment last a little longer (except Luke - I was about to drop him).
I am grateful that I get the opportunity to call these kiddos mine. I am lucky to be around them each day and I love them with all of my heart!
(Except when they sneak creamies out of the freezer - - - and don't shut the door all the way - - - so things start to thaw - - - and about a half of a gallon of ice cream melts - - - and runs down the door of the freezer, - - - oozing over everything in it's path on the way down - - - filling in any crevices on its journey.)
10 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment