Thursday, June 28, 2012

Brown Bear, Brown Bear

Yesterday I was looking through some pictures of my kiddos on the computer. (I REALLY need to print them off so we can look at them more.) I got lost in the pictures, in the memories.  How on earth has time gone so fast?????  I had the kids come in and look at a few funny ones like the ones when Jackie got stitches, and when McKinley had stitches (okay it was just super glue and closures).  We probably spent 2 hours looking and laughing at pictures.  It made me miss my kids, even though they were sitting right next to me.  McKinley, believe it or not use to have chubby cheeks - Jackie used to have hair that didn't want to lay down so we had to spike it a little in the back (cute).  Grant was (and still is) a handsome little guy.  Luke - well, he still has his squishy puffy cheeks.  :)  It made me dread the day when we won't have toddlers and babies.  Even though some days it is hard and I think I am going insane, I will miss these days.





Anyway, the whole reason I started this post was because of what happened tonight.  I was reading stories to the kids and Luke wanted me to read, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See".  We read it twice and McKinley read / recited it once.  That was one of her favorite books when she was about 2 and she memorized it.  This book always reminds me of her because at this same time she was learning about colors and I would ask her what color something was and she would respond with the appropriate, "Red Bird" or "White Dog", etc.  I haven't thought of this memory for a while and it was fun to remember it.  I need to keep track of the day to day memories because one day they are going to fade.

2 comments:

  1. Cute! You are a great mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed this post and it was from June? I remember Jackie's spikey hair!!!

    ReplyDelete